Saturday, November 23, 2013

a hairstylists prayer

(I couldn't find one on line, I guess the Lord wanted to hear what I had to say for myself) Dear Lord I ask you to bless my hands so that I help to bring out the beauty of your creations. I ask you to touch my heart to withstand all the woes that people share with me. I ask to to open my mind to understand that the clients ”a couple of inches” really,means half an inch. I ask you to bless my pocketbook as I push aside market prices for single mothers and college kids to get a break. I ask you to embrace me as my pride is tested and customers leave. I ask you to place a cushion around my feet and fill my belly with ur nourishment as I stand on my feet for hours without Lunch to keep on schedule. I ask that you keep my appointment book full, my patience long and my temper under control. Keep a smile on my,face and joy in my voice and the passion and love of this profession in my heart. But more than all of that, Lord I thank you!,I thank you for all that you have done, for blessing me with the talent. For giving Me strength and endurance. For allowing me to embrace this gift for the past 10yrs and allowing me to be able to weather the storms....the slow months, the difficult clients, staying in the shop til 1am coming back to the shop at 7am, missing family functions, graduations, funerals, all for the love of beauty. The good and the bad. I pray for continuous success and whatever your will is Lord I will follow. In Jesus precious and Almighty name I pray....amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment