Thursday, June 10, 2010

I am the dot, dot, dot (from lala's blog)

one of my oldest friends shared this with me the other day and I havent stopped thinking about it since. Unfortunately this is the story of my life.....it may be your story too, so dont judge! But I wanted to share this. The sista who wrote it has a blog listed (http://blogs.brokenstyle.com/lala/) so check out her other stuff too, (dont forget to check me out too!! http://divadlux.blogspot.com/) enjoy!



i am the dot, dot, dot

the eternal placeholder

the lips you run to when hers aren’t close enough
the dotted line after the colon

the friend.

i am where there riverbed ends

the surrogate

the almost doesn’t count
the better luck next time

the fool
(everybody plays me)

the tool
(everybody use me)

the stool
(everybody stand on me)

to get high enough to reach someone else’s expectations

the runner up
- just in case she isn’t competent enough to keep her position

the fall back
the could’ve been
the maybe.

i am the two and a possible

the sidekick
the buddy
the sister

i am the shoulda’ coulda’ woulda’
…but missed it

i am the table for one
the last nite really was fun

i am the money on the nightstand

the bird in the other hand

the secret
longing to be told

the lust,
and never the love

the afterthought.

i am the corner of your heart
wishing i was part of your life

i am the girlfriend
…and not the wife

the fool
(everybody plays me)

the tool
(everybody use me)

the stool
(everybody stand on me)

to get high enough to reach someone else’s expectation

- waiting for someone to meet mine.

lala (c)2009 lalalounge.net

No comments:

Post a Comment