Monday, January 24, 2011

The birth of Chaune Braxton nee Chandrika Green

No I am not Schizophrenic. I do not have any type of mental disabilities. (At least not any that have been officially diagnosed) I just like to keep my mind active and also, somehow, get some money my pocket! Why not?? In the past year, I have started a virtual assistant business, a jewelry business and now....Well, at the urging of several friends I have decided to start writing, professionally. I decided to use the pen name Chaune Braxton. Chaune (pronunced Shawnee) is just a different spelling of my nickname that I have had since birth. Braxton is in homage to my grandparents, Harold and Bernice Braxton, who always inspire me, even in their absence.

I have always been a writer. I wrote plays for my church, kept a journal, wrote poems, blogs, i'm on twitter, facebook, myspace, wrote long ass "women scorned" letters to ex-lovers and even prefer to text than talk, because it is easier for me to write. I never thought anyone really paid any attention to my life. I mean, yeah its important and interesting to me, but it is MY life....who knew so many people cared about what happens to me and my bad ass kids on a daily basis?? I cannot name anyones names, first of all because now that I'll be getting paid, I'm not giving up any royalties and also because I know I'll forget someone. But I want to thank all of you who have encourged and pushed for me to do something positive with all of my negativity.

Well, just in case any of you reading this actually can refer me to a real job, let me tell you a little about myself that you may not know, so that you can see what kind of craziness will be spewing out of my miniscule mind....

I am a thirty-something year old, Christian, Afican-American, single mother of 2 young boys. I am a Hairdresser by trade, a college dropout, former wannabe history teacher. I do not drive, I live in the "hood" and I take public transportation, which means i encounter all types of people. I listen to music like most people drink water. I love hip hop especially old school hip hop (not biggie smalls...old school meaning anything circa 1988 or before) I listen to all types of music, rock, country, pop, gospel, everything. Um, what else....let's just say that in all my years on this rock called Earth, I have seen and been through it all....abuse, rape, alcoholism, nicotine addicition, jail, drugs, sex, child birth, death, love, love-lost, pain...everything! And guess what? I can find something funny or sarcastic to say about it all! Life is way too short to be serious all the time. God wants us to laugh, otherwise he wouldn't have created man.

Now since I'm just starting out in this field, I don't know what prices to charge, or even how to actually get started. I'm just stepping out on faith. One of my favorite scriptures is Psalm 126:5 "They that sow in sorrow; shall reap in joy." and Lord knows, I've had enough sorrow in my life. I honestly and truely believe that this is my time. Thats why I'm trying so many different things. one of these ventures has to pop off! Besides that God doesnt want us to be broke....We should have streams of income from a variety of sources coming in, and since child support is not one of them, I gotta make it happen on my own!

Well, I just hope that this pans out as something profitable. If not, thats cool too...maybe it can serve as my anger management since i can't afford therapy....alcohol is way cheaper! Now I'm going to go light up a newport and clean this house, since my sons have decided to have random science experiments brewing in various rooms at the same damn time......

Peace & Blessings

Chaune Braxton nee Chandrika Green

"hey Chaune!" you might say, "How can I reach you and see what you have written?" "well..." I'd reply "you can find me in a few places....just look below."

www.divadlux.blogspot.com
www.facebook.com/divadlux
@divadlux
chandrikagreen@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment