Thursday, February 11, 2010

Ipod touch, water-death, maybe, maybe not

I almost killed him! i swear, i did. My 21 month old, who usually plays with the apps and games on the touch, somehow got into the bathroom and decided to give the "toy" a bath. he handed it to me, soaking wet and said "uh oh". I couldnt even scream at him at that moment. I just took the thing, told him to get away from me, to sit down and put his hands in his pockets and dont talk to me. (he motioned to me that he didnt have any pants on, so no pockets) i dried the ipod off and quickly searched for what to do if the ipod got wet. man, these people are complete idiots! aside from washing their ipods/iphones with their clothes, which i guess COULD happen, i saw posts of dropping them in puddles, getting caught in the rain, normal stuff. but c'mon the hell on, who goes swimming with the damn thing in their pocket? one person posted that he put an ice cube in his pocket!! that had to be a lie, but regardless, their solutions to the problem range from trying to defraud Apple, Inc. with various methods, including bleach, to charging the ipod for a few days....um, hello, wet electronics and an outlet dont mix. the most sensible one i heard was actually from someone who claimed to be a former AT&T manager. He suggested just placing in the gadget in dry rice, non-instant oatmeal or silicone gel for 2 days, then letting it air dry for another day. so that's what i'm doing right now. Hopefully, this works. I knew that I loved my ipod but I didnt realize how much I depended on it. I do absolutely everything on there. My notes for Sunday School lessons, my finances, my datebook, my clients' schedules....everything. and on top of that i just bought a clock radio to hook up to the ipod and new Apple earphones ($30 each!) As for Justice, he got a pop on his hand for playing with the xbox and scolding. I know he's just a baby, but dont nobody have money to be replacing shit all the time! he already threw my phone in a glass of water a few months ago. i'm crossing my fingers that this oatmeal trick works...but just in case i'll be checking ebay for another one.


Cut to the next day.......



So last night I took the iPod out of the oatmeal and wiped it off. I turned it on and yay! The apple logo appeared, it started up fine! No frozen screens or sensitivity issues, no problems with wifi or the music! I'm souped!!! Matter of fact i'm updating this blog from the iPod right now! Now if I can just keep Justice from playing with the tv.....

No comments:

Post a Comment