Sunday, February 7, 2010

Justice Michael Anthony (repost)

On Labor day of 2007 I found out I was pregnant. Shock is not even the word to describe how I felt. On top of not expecting to have another child I had to deal with his father. he did not ever want to have anymore kids, obviously we both dropped the ball (so to speak) lmao

We argued back and forth for a few weeks before the descision was made to raise this baby. At 6 wks I went for the regular Ultrasound to make sure he was ok. The doctor told me there was definitely something in there and said she would check again in 2 weeks.
I thought at the time that was strange, they usually check every 4 weeks, but i was just so happy to be pregnant I didnt pay it much mind. One day within that week I had to call the office with some insurance information. the covering doctor gets on the phone and tells me in these words "Ms. Green, you may have miscarried, you have what is called a blighted ovum and we need you to come in. we may possibly have to do a D&C" (thats where they scrape out the rest of the baby that was attached to your womb

) sorry to be graphic but thats how hard it hit me....I was downtown Newark, by myself and I just started crying on the street. I know people must've thought I was nuts! I called my sister, emailed my cousin and told my mother. I cried for 3 days straight. I prayed and prayed to please let my baby be alright. I promised the Lord that if my baby was healthy I would return him to Him.

When I went back to the dr. my original doctor was so upset at the covering doctor. she said that she didnt say anything to me because it would cause unneccessary worry. she said "Ms. Green, i see the heart. your baby is fine. sometimes they're just too little in the beginning to see" I cried again, happy tears this time.

The pregnancy went well, I was sick everyday for 7-1/2 months. at 5 months, my little brother took me to find out the sex of the baby. actually because of the complications i had with jonathan the dr's wanted to double check for any birth disorders and if i would get an amnio.

well, harold picked me up, 2 hrs late (ugh!) and they were able to squeeze me in. Harold was the first to find out I was having a boy! (actually i knew 2 days before at the dr's office). He was so happy.

So time goes on and its time for Justice to come into the world. My c-section was scheduled for April 25. 2008 at 10am.

this was the day of the Sean Bell shooting trial, the cops were acquitted. My doctor asked me if I came up with a name yet, I told her Justice, she said good, at least someone will get Justice today.

My sister was in the delivery room with me, shaking and nervous the whole time lmao she was the first one to hold him. And of course you know what my first words to him were, "Welcome to the world Mookie, I fight kids!" I swear! lmao


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment